Sunday, April 7, 2013

TTCBCOAB #28 - Costco Run


On my way to Costco I run into my former student and friend, Todd. After explaining the mission, he elects to come along on his mountain bike. Off we go and he leaves me in a cloud of dust. With a bit of huffing and puffing, my cargo bike (aka the Blue Ox) is eventually coaxed into keeping up with him. After all, my cargo bike is empty at the moment and one's fragile, male ego must be protected!


A quick trip through the various aisles and all the necessary stuff has been collected (in no particular order) - box of Cliff Bars, jug of dishwashing detergent, two boxes of 8.5x11 printer paper, mouthwash, two bottles of maple syrup, and a post-apocalyptic supply of toilet paper. Loading up the Mundo, two dudes walk by: "F-ing awesome, man! You kick ass!" Indeed, but I'm more worried about the effects of gravity kicking my ass when I must climb Solano Avenue.



The ride home is a bit slower than the trip out, but there is a tailwind. Thanks to Todd for the fancy iPhone video work!



No comments:

Post a Comment